As a partnership school, our goal is to build trust, respect, and cooperation through humility and prayer as we partner together with Christian families for the discipleship and discipline of our students. We’re known for providing an exceptional educational experience and regret we didn’t live up to your expectations. If you are open to discussing this further, please contact us at 314-434-4349. We’d greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right.
Just to respond to a few points:
1. All curriculum is reviewed subject-by-subject for improvements on a 5-year cycle by a Curriculum Review Committee comprised of faculty, administrators and board members. The committee provides a report of their findings ascertained from a study of student standardized tests, state and national standards, faculty surveys, recommended curriculums and interviews with outside educational institutions.
2. On average, 98% of our 6th graders gain admission to their first choice secondary school and 95% gain admission to Westminster Christian Academy.
3. Students use Google apps and utilize the school’s laptops as often as the classroom teachers and Technology Committee deem appropriate for meeting grade level curricular goals.
4. KDS is accredited through not one but two accreditation institutions to keep standards, curriculum, and teaching pedagogy at the highest levels attainable. With each accreditation, the school undergoes a yearlong deep dive review providing evidence that our school has met or exceeded all standards required.
5. Our school takes discipline, school safety and bullying very seriously. Please see the KDS Podcast page (www.kirkdayschool.org/podcasts) and listen to the following episodes: Bullying, The Invisible Man, SPORT Student Discipline Initiative, Being a Peacemaker, and Being a Peacemaker Part II.
If you have questions about Kirk Day School or would like to sit down and discuss any of these topics in depth, please contact Jennifer Rush, Assistant Head of School - email@example.com