St. Louis Language Immersion School - The French School
CLOSED! This school is no longer in operation.
Grades Served: KG – 8
- "Our students are biliterate and bilingual by second grade. A visit on a school day will allow you to see children of all ages and backgrounds speaking a second language as young as kindergarten. Not only are the children actively learning in a second language, but any child can be pulled at any time to come over to you as a visitor and describe to you, in the new language and then in English, what activities are happening."
- "Our teachers are constantly differentiating, or customizing, their instruction to meet all students' needs and to promote growth for all students - both those who are behind and those who are advanced. All our students receive daily targeted English support at their level to enhance their English language skills so that they can grow in both languages."
- We use"Positive Behavior Support", which works to eliminate challenging behavior and in its place teach pro-social skills and universal expectations. We have a student-centered approach to discipline.
- We're an IB school, so our students drive their own learning through inquiry.
- See their Missouri Charter School Application: http://dese.mo.gov/sites/default/files/qs-charter-...